Contest Rules: Terms and Conditions
The Lucky Draw and contest is intended for viewing and participation within CANADA only and will be held and evaluated according to the applicable laws and regulations of Canada along with these Official Rules ("Official Rules"). Please do not enter if you are not a legal resident of Canada at the time of entry (see specific eligibility requirements below).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR TO WIN ANY OF THE PRIZES TO BE AWARDED THEREUNDER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest Period will begin on Sept 1,, 2020 at 12:01 am Eastern time and will end on Jan 14th, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time ("Contest Period").
- Persons Eligible. To enter the Contest(sholarship) and to be eligible to win, an entrant ("Entrant") must:
- be a legal resident of one of Canada
- Children should be at most 24 years of age on or before the beginning of the Contest Period; and
- comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- Persons Ineligible. Throughout the Contest Period, in addition to those persons who do not meet the eligibility requirements as stated above, persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter the contest or win a Prize (defined below):
- any person who is a shareholder, member, director, manager, officer, employee, agent, representative, or contractor of Punjab Insurance,
- any person engaged in the administration, development, execution, management or production of the Contest for or on behalf of the Sponsor;
- immediate family members (defined as a biological or step mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories regardless of where they live; and
- persons who reside in the same household (defined as persons living in the same household for at least 3 of the 12 months preceding the start of the Contest Period whether related or not) with any person in any of the preceding categories.
3. HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Contest, visit www.punjabinsurance.ca (the "Contest") during the Contest Period and complete the Contest entry form (the "Contest Entry Form") online including your name, residence, email address, date of birth and telephone number (individually an "Entry" and collectively "Entries"). Enter information about your kids, whom you would like to participate in the contest. Limit one (1) Entry per child per contest. Any additional submissions per child will be automatically disqualified. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsor is not responsible for undelivered, illegible or incomplete Entries.
4. PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATIONS AND CLAIMING PRIZES
- Each Prize Winner will be contacted by phone, text, mail or email with instructions on how to claim his/her Prize. In the event that:
- (Prize Winner is found to be ineligible;
- Prize Winner declines to accept the Prize;
- Prize Winner cannot be contacted or found within a reasonable period; or
- Prize confirmation or Prize is returned undeliverable, the respective Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, said Prize may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner, as stated herein. If Sponsor elects to award a forfeited Prize to an alternate Prize Winner, the alternate Prize Winner will be chosen, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, from the next Entrant's name on the above-mentioned List or from a separate randomly generated drawing from among all remaining eligible Entrants. Prize Winner will be required to furnish proof of eligibility. In addition, before being verified as the official Prize Winner, the selected Entrant (and his/her guest if applicable) will be required - if requested -- to execute and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a W9 form within five (5) business days from the time it is sent by the Sponsor or its representative.
- Sponsor will have up to one (1) week to determine and verify the eligibility of each Prize Winner and award the Prize(s) after verification. Sponsor will not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize(s) for any reason outside of its control. Prize(s) will only be awarded and delivered to the verified Prize Winner(s).
- By accepting the Prize, Prize Winner (and his/her guest if applicable) consents to the use of his/her name, addresses, voice, likeness and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor (including photographs, videos and media productions of and/or involving the Prize Winner and his/her guest, if applicable) without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity, advertising or media production carried out by Sponsor or any of its representatives in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for the following:
- any federal, state and/or local taxes, including income and withholding taxes, associated with receipt of the Prize;
- any additional costs and expenses associated with the Prize Winner's receipt of his/her Prize, other than what is stated herein, including, but not limited to, insurance, licensing, gratuities and other personal expenses incurred in the acceptance or use of the Prize; and
- responsibility for adhering to any expiration dates in relation to receipt of his/her Prize. Prize is non-transferable and no Prize substitutions will be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute another Prize or Prize component of comparable or greater value.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- By entering the Contest, Entrant:
- acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and including the Entrant's agreement that clicking the consent on and to the Entry is a binding form of Entrant's electronic signature binding the Entrant to these Official Rules; and
- agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Contest Judges, as made in their sole discretion, which decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete Entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All Entries will be deemed transferred/assigned to and will become the property of Sponsor and in no case will be returned.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry in the Contest or entitlement to a Prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means).
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of Entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
As a condition of entering, Entrant agrees:
- to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor, Punjab insurance, Apex Software their respective officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, corporate partners, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Contest from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to Entrant's participation in the Contest, any Prizes awarded, or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize or any travel or other activities related thereto;
- that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain any awards or judgments for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest regardless of how caused or regardless of the theory of liability or recovery;
- that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and
- any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or $500, whichever is less.
7. CONTEST OPERATION
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest.
- Sponsor does not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted and Sponsor will not be responsible for any problems that may arise, including, but not limited to:
- lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest;
- failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties;
- failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in the offering or announcement of any Prize or in any Prize notification documents;
- any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature;
- the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest; or
- damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- Any attempt by an Entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to, any fraudulent claims may be a violation of both civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Any Entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any Prize won.
- In the event of any conflict with Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any other Contest materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules will prevail.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Ontario. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or provincial courts of Canada. located in Brampton, Ontario.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees, agents, representatives or contractors are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
The Sponsor of this Contest are Punjab Insurance Inc and Punjab insurance Agency.
Personal information collected from Entrants will be used by the Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Contest and to tell you about other products and services offered by Punjab Insurance
11. ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER
By agreeing to terms and conditions parents give consent to use Kid's first name and photos on print, media, social websites and online.
© 2022 Punjab Insurance. All Rights Reserved.